The length of the proceedings varies on a case-to-case basis, depending on the complexity of the matter.

There are 2 types of marriages that can be annulled. Firstly, are marriages that are Void and lastly, marriages that are Voidable. for full info please click link

The process for Annulment is very much similar to a divorce proceeding. Instead for grounds of divorce, the Plaintiff (filing party) has to commence the proceedings based on if the marriage is either void or voidable.

This order would make it an offence if your spouse commits the acts that has been restricted in the PPO. for more of this please check this link

Estate Law

The application for the Grant of Probate / Grant of Letter of Administration typically takes about 4-8 weeks from the date of submission of the documents to Court.

It allows a person to make a personal, considered choice of a trusted proxy decision maker and Alleviates the stress and difficulties faced by loved ones  to learn more about this please check this link

First, if there was no Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) prepared by ‘P’, there might be a need to prepare a deputy.

The amount of documentation required for a Deputyship application is quite daunting. To make the process smoother, it is recommended to seek legal representation to minimize the stress.


Legal action does not begin in a Courtroom where lawyers argue matters in front of a Judge. to learn more of this please go to this link

You should always seek legal advice before commencing any legal action.

Legal Procedures

Yes, you still can prepare a Power of Attorney. When signing/executing the document, you would need to sign the document in the presence of the Consulate General at a Singapore Embassy in the country of your residence.

No, when you are below 21 years of age, you are considered a minor. The deed poll in this case must be signed by your parents instead. You will still be able to change your name provided that your parents pen their signature on the document.

If you are above 21 years of age, you would need to bring a photo ID of yourself (i.e., NRIC / SAF 11B / Passport).

Need help with any legal issues?